When the goal is to have the best smile possible, there may be times we need some extra help to achieve it. Luckily, if our tooth is cracked or damaged, we have ways to fix it, namely a dental crown. So, what are their benefits? Take a look…
Undergoing a dental crown procedure can improve the look of broken or cracked teeth. If you are suffering from a loss of teeth, dental crowns are the solution to replace any missing teeth.
One of the best reasons to get a dental crown is because they look extremely natural, so no one will ever know that you have had dental work done. The porcelain and composite resin crowns match the exact shade of your natural teeth.
For those of you who are consistent coffee drinkers, dental crowns are perfect because they are stain-resistant due to the porcelain used to create them, making dingy teeth are a thing of the past.
Another great point is that dental crowns can last up to 15 years so you don’t need to worry about them as long as you look after them.
Dental crowns are restorative and preventive measures that improve missing or damaged teeth. Dental crowns also drastically decrease the amount of bacteria build-up that can lead to the loss of more teeth.
If you are seeking help to improve your smile and are interested in dental crowns call Dr. Haines in Snohomish, WA at 360-568-8577 or visit www.tedhainesdds.com.
Dr. Haines proudly serves Snohomish, Monroe, Lake Stevens, Everett, Mill Creek, Woodinville, and surrounding areas.
According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, certain foods naturally cleanse, brighten, and defend against bacteria that can harm your teeth and gums.
The following 10 foods were recommended by the academy for a healthy, brighter smile.
- Pineapples can help whiten teeth. Pineapples contain an enzyme called bromelain, which acts as a natural stain remover. Bromelain also helps break up plaque.
- Ginger can protect against periodontal disease, an inflammatory process that causes the loss of bone and supportive connective tissue in your mouth.
- Carrots contain vitamin A, which is needed for healthy tooth enamel. Eating them raw stimulates saliva, your mouth’s natural cleanser.
- Basil is a natural antibiotic that reduces bacteria in the mouth.
- Cheese is rich in protein, calcium, and phosphorus, all of which help reduce acid in your mouth.
- Sesame seeds help “scrub” away the plaque on your teeth. Chewing nuts can also provide a coarse, scrubbing action. Sesame seeds also contain bone and teeth-strengthening calcium.
- Shiitake mushrooms contain a compound called lentinan, which inhibits bacteria from growing in your mouth.
- Onions contain the sulfur compounds, thiosulfinates and thiosulfonates, which reduce bacteria that cause tooth decay. Eating them raw is a must as cooking will destroy these tooth-friendly compounds.
- Salmon not only provides calcium but also vitamin D, another nutrient needed for healthy bones and teeth.
- Broccoli contains iron, which helps form an acid-resistant film or barrier that can protect the enamel of your teeth.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry or other ways to brighten your smile, contact Dr. Ted Haines at (360) 568-8577 or schedule an appointment online.
Dr. Ted Haines also proudly serves Monroe, Lake Stevens, Everett, Mill Creek, Woodenville, and surrounding areas.
A new study shows that untreated periodontitis can complicate pregnancy in woman.
A study of 366 pregnant women, revealed an oral bacteria in the amniotic fluid of women whose pregnancies were complicated by preterm birth. A prior study showed that nonsurgical periodontal therapy could lower the rate of preterm birth.
Periodontitis was also found more prevalent in woman who had preterm low birth weight infants than in woman whose infants had a normal birth weight.
Hormonal changes during puberty, menstruation, pregnancy and menopause, cause an increase in the number of oral bacteria, which enter the blood and negatively impact on certain female health issues.
In addition to regular brushing and flossing, woman should visit the dentist at least twice a year, and more often if women are pregnant, suffer from bone loss or gum problems.
Dr. Ted Haines DDS wants to emphasize the importance of regular dental checkups and good oral health.
Contact his office today to schedule an appointment 360-568-8577. Or visit his website, www.tedhainesdds.com.
Dr. Theodore Haines DDS in Snohomish Washington provides cosmetic and general dentistry. With the use of crowns you can have the smile you always dreamed of.
Crowns are a cosmetic restoration used to improve your tooth’s shape or to strengthen a tooth. Crowns are most often used for teeth that are broken, worn, or have portions destroyed by tooth decay.
Crowns are “caps” cemented onto an existing tooth which fully cover the portion of your tooth above the gum line. In effect, the crown becomes your tooth’s new outer surface. Crowns can be made of porcelain, metal, or both. Porcelain crowns are most often preferred because they mimic the translucency of natural teeth and are very strong.
Crowns are often preferable to silver amalgam fillings. Unlike fillings which apply metal directly into your mouth, a crown is fabricated away from your mouth. Your crown is created in a lab from your unique tooth impression which allows a dental laboratory technician to examine all aspects of your bite and jaw movements. Your crown is then sculpted just for you so that your bite and jaw movements function normally once the crown is placed.
For more information on Crowns or any other cosmetic restoration, contact Dr. Haines at 360-568-8577 or visit his website www.tedhaines.com.